Zoom, Best Practices for Meetings
Zoom meetings are easy to schedule using the web interface.
Here are a few settings you should know that will help make your meeting a success:
- Set both Host and Participant to OFF, by default.
- Set to Both (Telephone and Computer Audio), by default.
- Consider using a password if the meeting has sensitive content.
- This is checked by default. This setting allows participants to join the meeting prior to the host, or without a host entirely. More information about this setting can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Join-Before-Host
Enable waiting room:
- This can be used to control entry to a meeting. People can be brought in as desired.
- Here you enter the email address of additional ‘co-hosts’. This is a good idea for large meetings as a co-host can watch for raised hands, respond to chats, and manage breakout rooms.
More resources including presentation tips, housekeeping slides, etc can be found at the Zoom website here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209743263-Meeting-and-Webinar-Best-Practices-and-Resources