In order to comply with the Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act, question types that are not considered to be accessible using screen readers (e.g. JAWS), will not be available within UIC Qualtrics. These question types include:
- Rank Order (Drag and Drop and Select Box)
- Constant Sum (Sliders and Bars)
- Pick Group and Rank
- Hot Spot
- Heat Map
- Graphic Slider
- File Upload
Surveys including any of the previous question types may not be published until the non-accessible questions are either removed or re-formatted into a different question type.
Please visit the Qualtrics accessibility page for more information.
Questions regarding the IITAA legal guidelines regarding software accessibility may be directed to the UIC Disability Resource Center.
In the event that a user both absolutely requires use of a non-accessible question type and can assure that his/her survey will not be distributed to the public, override requests may be made with UIC Qualtrics support.
Requesting an Override
In compliance with the Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act, the administrative settings for UIC Qualtrics, by default, will not permit the publishing of any surveys which include non-accessible question types. In the event that a user can prove 1) absolute necessity of use of a non-accessible question type and that 2) the survey will not be distributed outside of the University requests for overriding this default setting may be made with Qualtrics support in the process outlined below.
- User contacts UIC Qualtrics support requesting the use of a non-accessible question type.
- Qualtrics support will require the requestor to describe why the use of a non-accessible question type is necessary AND demonstrate that the non-accessible survey will not be distributed outside UIC.
- After properly documenting that the previous steps have been successfully completed, Qualtrics support will then change the user type of the requestor within the software so that non-accessible surveys will be ignored and allowed for publishing.