How do I install and use ADDA software on a Mac?
This article details how to install and use the Active Directory Desktop Advantage (ADDA) service.
To install ADDA software on your Mac you will need to mount the MacApps volume. To use the software, you will also need to have the KeyClient running. Important note: If you are off-campus, you must be connected using the VPN client to use ADDA software.
Mount MacApps volume
- From Finder's top menu select Go then Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field enter
and click on Connect.
- Enter your UIC NetID (without @uic.edu) and common password and click Connect.
Download K2Client.dmg and double click on the K2Client.mpkg icon to install the client. KeyClient needs administrator access to your computer which will require your local username and password (not to be confused with your UIC NetID and common password). During configuration you must enter the name of our keyserver:
Make sure that it is spelled correctly then click OK.
If you should decide you no longer want the KeyClient on your machine please do the following:
- Kill the KeyAccess process. You should be able to find it from /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app
- Move the folder /Library/KeyAccess to the trash
Active Directory Desktop Advantage (ADDA)