How do I configure my Android device for Exchange Online?
Android OS (2.3+,3.0+,4.0+) with ActiveSync Support is required to sync with ACCC Exchange accounts. You can sync email, contacts and your calendar.
Setting up your Android phone to work with Exchange Online using the official Microsoft Outlook App.
1. Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the Play Store.
2. Once it's installed tap to open.
3. Tap on "Get Started"
4. Enter your email address (<NetID>@uic.edu)
5. Tap "Continue"
6. Tap on "Not an IMAP Mail Account?" if you see the screen below.
Note: If you have an "Office" account already set up on your device, then you will see a screen prompting you to add an Exchange account. Simply enter your uic Email address and ACCC common password on this screen to continue.
7. Tap on "Office 365"
8. on the login screen, enter your ACCC common password.9. When prompted to "Activate phone administrator", tap on "Activate".
Note: It may take a minute or two for this prompt to appear.10. When prompted to "Set device encryption", tap "Not Now".
11. When prompted, add another account if you so desire. Otherwise, tap "maybe later".
12. Press "skip" to skip the tutorial if you so desire.
Setting up your Android phone to work with Exchange Online using the native app.
Note: What you actually see may vary depending on what smartphone you have and what Android OS version you are using.
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email. This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android or you may be able to click on Microsoft Exchange, EAS, Activesync, etc. here and skip step 3.
2. Type your full email address, for example netID@uic.edu, type your ACCC common password, and then tap Next. If you're unable to access your account, you may have to attempt a manual setup. Step 4 outlines the same settings you'd encounter on the manual setup screen.
3. Select Exchange or Microsoft Exchange Active Sync. If Exchange isn't available as an option either here or on the "add account" screen, please download the Microsoft Outlook app from the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook&hl=en
4. If prompted, accept the defaults on the Exchange server settings page, and tap Next. If your device can't connect, enter the following account information, and then select Next.
- Domain\Username Type your full email address in this box, for example, netID@uic.edu. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty, and type netID.uic.edu in the Username box.
- Password Use the password that you use to access your account (your ACCC common password).
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server (outlook.office365.com)
- Depending how your Exchange administrator set up your account, you might receive a message about additional security features. Select OK to continue.
5. As soon as the device verifies the server settings, the Account Options page opens. Select the options for how you want to receive your mail, and then tap Next. (You may need to scroll down to see Next.)
6. If you see Activate device administrator? page, select Activate.
7. Give the account a name, and then tap Done.
Tip: You might need to wait ten to fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.