How do I configure my Android device for Exchange Online?
Android OS (2.3+,3.0+,4.0+) with ActiveSync Support is required to sync with ACCC Exchange accounts. You can sync email, contacts and your calendar.
Setting up your Android phone to work with Exchange Online using the official Microsoft Outlook App.
1. Install the Microsoft Outlook app from the Play Store.
2. Once it's installed tap to open.
3. Tap on "Get Started"
4. Enter your email address (<NetID>@uic.edu)
5. Tap "Continue"
6. Tap on "Not an IMAP Mail Account?" if you see the screen below.
Note: If you have an "Office" account already set up on your device, then you will see a screen prompting you to add an Exchange account. Simply enter your uic Email address and ACCC common password on this screen to continue.
7. Tap on "Office 365"
8. on the login screen, enter your ACCC common password.9. When prompted to "Activate phone administrator", tap on "Activate".
Note: It may take a minute or two for this prompt to appear.10. When prompted to "Set device encryption", tap "Not Now".
11. When prompted, add another account if you so desire. Otherwise, tap "maybe later".
12. Press "skip" to skip the tutorial if you so desire.
Setting up your Android phone to work with Exchange Online using the native app.
Note: What you actually see may vary depending on what smartphone you have and what Android OS version you are using.1. Enter Settings > Accounts and Backups > Accounts > Add account > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android or you may be able to click on Microsoft Exchange, EAS, Activesync, etc.
2. Type your full email address, for example netID@uic.edu, type your ACCC common password, and then tap Sign In.
4. Click Done.
5. Enter an Account name (by default, this is your email address) and click Done.
6. When prompted to make this an Admin app, click Activate.
Tip: You might need to wait ten to fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.