Remote Access to Vetstar, VADDS, PACS and SlideHoting
Please use the instructions below to download the remote connection link to your personal laptop for Vetstar, VADDS, PACS or Slidehosting (histoloty). If you previously logged into Dino via a VPN connection, you many continue to do so.
Ensure you are connected to the internet. If you are on campus, you should connect to IllinoisNet.
IllinoisNet Wireless Connection Instructions: Technology Services Wi-Fi Help Portal Page - Start Here
Download Instructions (Windows and MacOS)Select and download the following any of the following and save to your computer. (Remember where you save the file(s). We recommend you put it on your Desktop.)
Windows Setup Instructions
- Navigate to where you saved the file, and launch it.
- A box will appear asking if you are sure you want to connect. Check the Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer box.
- Select Connect
- When prompted to enter your credentials type uofi\NetID and your NetID password (campus email password)
- Select Remember my credentials
- Select OK
- A final box will show up asking to confirm the certificate. Check the Don’t ask me again for connections to this computer box
- Select Yes
- You will see the login screen for the application you selected.
Apple macOS Setup Instructions
- Open Microsoft Remote Desktop. It can be found in Launchpad or in Applications > Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Select Connections
- Select Import Desktops
- Navigate to your downloads folder and highlight the download files (PACS, Vetstar & VADDS, SlideHosting)
- Select Import
Setup User Account
- Select Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Select Preferences
- Select User Accounts tab
- Select + symbol and add the following:
- Username: uofi\netID
- Password: uofi password
Add User Account to each of the applications (PACS, Vetstar & VADDS, SlideHosting)
- Highlight desktop connection (PACS, Vetstar & VADDS, SlideHosting)
- Select Connections
- Select Edit Desktop
- Change the User Account to setup User Account
- Select Save
You get "The publisher of this RemoteApp program can't be identified."
Click "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer" and click connect
You then get "The identity of this computer cannot be verified"
Click "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer" and click Yes
When connecting to one of the desktops, if you receive the following error, select Continue.
"You are connecting to the RDP host "DAISY.AD.UILLINOIS.EDU". The certificate couldn't be verified back to a root certificate. Your connection may not be secure. do you want to continue?"