Learn@Illinois Moodle - Scheduling a New Meeting in Zoom
You must schedule a class-related meeting within Moodle in order for students to be able to access the meeting link in Moodle.
For a permanent link to this information, please use: https://go.illinois.edu/MoodleZoomNewMeeting
- Click on the Zoom activity.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the blue Schedule a New Meeting button.
- Enter the date, time, and settings for your meeting. The following settings are recommended as best practice, as well as higher security:
- Video - Host and Participant video off by default so that no one is caught on video off guard
- Audio - Both telephone and computer audio for maximum access
- Meeting options - Require a meeting password, mute participants upon entry (participants will be re-muted if they join breakout groups), enable waiting room, and record the meeting automatically in the cloud.
Note: There is no indicator to the host if someone joined while signed in via SSO (their Illinois account) or if they joined while not signed in and just typed a name.