Paymybill - Why don't I have a 1098-T when I think I should?

Students who don't have a valid Social Security number or a valid address do not receive a 1098-T

Students will not receive a 1098-T from the University if:
  1. They do not have a valid Social Security Number on file with University of Illinois. To provide a valid Social Security number to the University:
You will need to download a W-9S form from IRS website at:, complete it and return to your campus Registration Office.

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign 
Registration Services Unit 
901 West Illinois St., Suite 140, MC-063 
Urbana, IL 61801 
FAX: 217-333-3100 

University of Illinois at Chicago 
Office of the Registrar 
1200 W Harrison St., Suite 1200 
Chicago, IL 60607 

University of Illinois at Springfield
Records and Registration 
One University Plaza
Springfield, Illinois 62703-540

2. They do not have a valid address.  To provide the University with a valid address: 
    • Log into the Student Self-Service website
    • Select "Personal Information"
    • Select “Addresses & Phones”
    • Select “Mailing Address” from the “Type of Address to Insert” drop down menu
    • Select “Submit”
    • Enter the required information
    • Select “Submit”
After you have updated your mailing address, email USFSCO Customer Service at  Note: Student Self Service will not update immediately – updates will occur at the end of each month. However, any information updated in Student Self-Service will be included in the final file transmittal to the IRS March 31st.

See Also:

Keywords:student, valid, social security number, address, W-9S, IRS   Doc ID:92862
Owner:Kathy K.Group:University of Illinois System
Created:2019-07-03 10:58 CSTUpdated:2019-09-11 16:01 CST
Sites:University of Illinois System
Feedback:  0   0