Zoom Video Conferencing
Zoom Pro video conferencing provides meeting and webinar functionality that enhances learning and collaboration among students, faculty, staff and research partners. In addition, various plugins are available providing integrated scheduling of meetings/classes from within a variety of applications like Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar, and several Learning Management Systems.
What Features are available with Zoom Pro?
- Include up to 300 meeting participants (increase to 500 or 1000 for additional fee).
- 24-hour meeting duration limit.
- Create a waiting room or allow attendees to join before host.
- Assign unique roles to meeting participants.
- Create breakout rooms – Split your meeting into separate sessions.
- In-meeting chat, nonverbal feedback (raise hand), create polls.
- Host can mute or un-mute all participants.
- Outlook, Google Calendar, Compass 2G, Moodle, Kaltura integrations.
- Record meetings locally or to the cloud (a 1-hour recording is roughly 100mb in size).
- Cloud Recording is limited to 1GB per user, and recordings are kept for 120 days.
- Allow user-initiated recordings.
How do I begin using Zoom?
- You must do this first: Go to https://illinois.zoom.us within a Zoom supported web browser (Google Chrome is recommended) and select Sign in and then enter your University credentials.
- Once you have claimed your Zoom account using option #1 above, you will also have the ability to sign in to Zoom using the shortcut icon on your university computer. You will click Sign In on the first screen and then select Sign In with SSO. Our company domain is 'illinois'.