How do I stop continuously logging in and out of Jabber?
The document explains how the user can control the login process in jabber.
Jabber allows you to log in from multiple locations or devices. However, each client must have a unique resource name. If the resource name is set to identical value, you will experience problems logging in. To correct this problem, open your client's configuration and change the name of the resource (for example "Home", "Work", "Laptop").
1. click Adium in the top menubar, then Preferences
2. double-click on the Jabber account (or select and click the Edit button)
3. click on Options tab and change the value in the Resource field
1. click iChat in the top menubar, then Preferences
2. select the Account tab and select the Jabber account
3. click on Server Settings and change the value in the Location field (by default iChat uses the name of your computer)