What are the requirements for digital signage?
Digital signage requirements are listed below.
- Note: Department that is moving from FourWind with existing hardware are exempt from the below requirement until their hardware refresh cycle ends.
- A desktop PC with a static IP and at least the following hardware:
○ 2 gigahertz
(GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor*
○ 4 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 4 GB RAM (64-bit)
○ 32 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
○ DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver.
* Base level specifications, assuming IW Player is the only application running on the device, additional performance requirements may apply based on use case.
- Required Software:
- Windows machine (running Windows 7 or later) with .NET Framework 4.6.2 or higher.
- VC++ Redistributable 2005
- Flash Player
- Monitor must be:
- Commercial grade 24/7 Large-format Display
- LED-Direct Lit LCD Display
- Monitor size should be within 48" to 65" (contact ACCC first if you want to use a different size for your application)
- The PC must join Active Directory and set to auto login via GPO. (ACCC will place the computer in a special OU with GPO for auto-login, and firewall configuration.)
- If an audio/video extender is needed, please make sure it can feed 720i or 1080p resolution.
- The PC must be on the digital signage vlan (vlan610).
- Request static IP by creating a RT ticket to ACCC Network(Click link to use template).
- Must follow all other requirements as defined in the UIC Digital Signage Guideline.