How do I connect to UIC-WiFi using Android?
These instructions should help you to connect your Android (2.1 or higher) device to the campus wireless network.
- While you are on campus, near a UIC-WiFi access point, tap Menu then Wireless & networks.
- Enable Wi-Fi by clicking box beside Wi-Fi, then tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap to select the network UIC-WiFi.
- If you have not already established a credential storage password, your Android will prompt you to enter one. This password is local to your device and is similar to the keychain password on OS X. Otherwise enter your password for storing credentials.
- For EAP method select PEAP.
- For Phase 2 authentication select MSCHAP.
- For Identity use your UIC NetID.
For Anonymous identity use Anonymous
For Wireless Password use your UIC Common Password
- Confirm: you are connected? If you are, it will say Connected underneath UIC-WiFi.
** If asked for "domain" in the network configuration menu, please enter "ad.uic.edu" **
Please note these instructions are written specifically to connect to UIC-WiFi. This has only been tested on a few devices. Other devices may appear slightly different from the screenshots shown. Please send a note to email@example.com if you have any questions or further comments.