How do I access ADNS File Shares?
You need the following to access ADNS
- your AD NetID : ad\NetID
for example ad\adabyron. Pay attention to the format of your NetID
- ACCC password
- Right click on My Computer icon and select Map Network Drive
- For Drive:, use in the any unused letter, and for Folder:, use: \\uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu\dept_name
where "dept_name" is your department's folder name.
- Click Different user name and enter your AD credential: AD NetID and common password as described above.
- Click Finish to map your Network Drive.
- From Finder's top menu select Go then Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field enter smb://uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu/<<Dept Name>>
- Click on Connect.
Connect to Server dialog
- Enter your UIC NetID (without @uic.edu)
- Enter your ACCC password
- Click Connect.