Zoom, Why do I only have Zoom 'Basic' Access?
U of I Zoom users must log into the UI Zoom portal using single sign-on in order to use Pro features. In addition, at this point, only members of the campus Zoom consortium automatically have a Pro account. Others must purchase a Zoom Pro license from the WebStore.
Why do I have only Zoom Basic access after logging in?
In order for U of I Zoom users to have access to Pro account features they must first have a Pro license and then must log into the U of I Zoom portal using single sign-on with their U of I AD credentials.
To verify your Zoom account status, follow these steps:
1. SIGN OUT of all current Zoom sessions and close all browser windows.
2. Go to https:/illinois.zoom.us where you will see the U of I login screen:
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS PAGE YOU ARE NOT LOGGING INTO THE UI PORTAL.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL INSTANCES OF ZOOM ARE CLOSED AND CLEAR
YOUR BROWSER CACHE.
3. Please click on 'Sign In".
4. Login when prompted, checking that the default of "Share Now" is selected if prompted for information sharing.
5. You are now logged into the UI Zoom portal.
6. Verify your account status ("Licensed", meaning Pro or "Basic") in your profile.
In the graphic below the red arrow points to "SSO" showing that you have properly authenticated.
The blue arrow points to your user type, which may be "Basic" or "Licensed". Again Licensed means that the account has Pro functionality and increased meeting capacity to 300 participants.
Note: just because you have logged in using SSO you will not have a Pro account unless you have a Pro license.
|KL||Agr, Consumer, & Env Sciences|
|KY||Applied Health Sciences|
|LN||Center Innov in Teach Learn|
|NT||Chief Information Officer|
|KM||College of Business|
|KT||College of Media|
|NV||Diversity, Equity & Inclusion|
|KV||Liberal Arts & Sciences|
|NB||Provost & VC Acad Affairs|
|LM||Provost Academic Programs|
|LP||School of Information Sciences|
|LG||School of Labor & Empl. Rel.|
|LL||School of Social Work|