LinkedIn Learning, Getting Started
General information regarding the LinkedIn Learning service
What is LinkedIn Learning?
Who can use LinkedIn Learning?
All current students, staff and faculty on the Urbana, Chicago, and Springfield campuses who have a valid NetID are eligible to use LinkedIn Learning at no cost.
How do I get started?
If you were already using Lynda.com you have received a migration notification on 8/13/19 with instructions on how to activate your LinkedIn Learning account. If you are a new user, just navigate to www.linkedin.com/learning using a current browser of your choice and then sign in using your campus single sign-on (SSO). Your account will be automatically created for you. Verify that you are signed in by checking the profile icon at the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
What are the system requirements?
LinkedIn Learning is an entirely browser-based learning environment. If you are able to watch YouTube or other online videos your computer system, laptop, tablet, or mobile device can view LinkedIn Learning content.
How do I sign in?
- Navigate to www.linkedin.com/learning .
- Click on 'Sign In' in the upper right-hand corner of the home page.
- Chosen to sign in using an 'organizational account'.
- Enter your full email address: <netid>@<campus>.edu and click Continue.
- Select the appropriate campus: Chicago, Springfield or Urbana-Champaign.
- You should be directed to the familiar SSO login page for your campus. Login as usual.
- If prompted, authenticate using UI Verify 2FA.
- Optionally, log in to your LinkedIn account using your LinkedIn (NOT campus) credentials. Highly recommended.
How to use LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning contains the same courses that were found in Lynda.com. Search for courses of interest by entering topics in the Search box at the top of the home page.
There are several short videos with additional information about the learning environment.
For example: Getting Started with LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn & LinkedIn Learning - What's the difference?
LinkedIn is still the social media site for exchanging professional/career information. The LinkedIn Learning environment is part of LinkedIn. When you sign into LinkedIn Learning you have the option to also sign into LinkedIn. It is recommended that you do, as course completion badges and other learning information is automatically pushed to your LinkedIn account only if you are signed into both LinkedIn and LinkedIn Learning.
Please contact the WebStore if you have additional questions or comments about this service.