Zoom, Adding Plugins
This article shows how to add the Zoom integration to Outlook Desktop Application, Outlook Web Application (OWA) and Google Calendar (Gmail) as well as Web Browsers Firefox and Chrome.
Outlook Desktop ApplicationTo add the Zoom Plugin to the Outlook Desktop Application please follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook and click “Get Add-ins” button in the top menu bar. The icon looks like the following:
- A new window will appear. Type “Zoom” in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the new window:
- Click the “Add” button below the Zoom for Outlook Icon and the Zoom Add-in will be added to your Outlook Desktop Client
Outlook Web Application (OWA)To add the Zoom Plugin to the Outlook Web Application please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to outlook.office.com and sign in with your Illinois credentials
- Click the "New message” button located in the upper left-hand corner of the window
- Once the new message window has appeared, find the ellipsis “…” located next to the trash can, below the message body field and click.
- A pop-up menu should appear, with the “Get Add-ins” located at the bottom.
- Click “Get Add-ins”
- In the upper right-hand corner of the newly rendered window should be a “Search add-ins” field. Type “zoom” into this field.
- Click “Add” within the “Zoom” for outlook Icon
Gmail(Google Calendar)To add the Zoom Meeting plugin to Gmail/Google Calendar please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your Gmail Inbox or Google Calendar and login.
- Click the plus symbol "+" in the task bar on the far right side of the window
- In the new window, search for Zoom in the search bar located in the upper right hand corner. The offering titled "Zoom for Gmail" will be needed to integrated Zoom with your Gmail account. That offering is highlighted in green below. The integration titled "Zoom for Google Calendar", highlighted in red below, is needed to integrated Zoom with Google Calendar.
- Select the offering that works best for you, and click install on the subsequent screen. You have no added the plugin for Zoom in either Google Calendar or Gmail. For more information about how to schedule or start a meeting please click HERE.
ChromeTo add the Zoom Meeting plugin to the Chrome Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Chrome Extension page.
- Click "Add to Chrome"
FirefoxTo add the Zoom Meeting plugin to the Firefox Web Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Scheduler Firefox ADD-ONS page.
- Click "+Add to Firefox"