Identity Management, Tools, Cerebro Overview
What information is available in Cerebro and how do I interpret it?
Cerebro can be accessed here. You must be on the campus network or use the university VPN to access the tool.
- Illinois Email Delivery - this field shows where the relays are set to send their mail.
- This field indicates what types the account has. Every person should have person and phone.
- They may also have student, staff, extra help, degree, etc. This determines several things, such as if their account is enabled and their access to certain applications/services.
- Similar to type, this provides more information on students and affiliates. It shows terms for which students are/have been registered, along with degree recipient dates. Staff roles are coming soon.
Password Recovery Options
- Shows what password recovery options they have set up for self-service password recovery. They can use them at the NetID Center.
Enterprise ID Assignments
- Shows the user's Enterprise ID (EID) and all NetIDs they have across all 3 campuses. For instructions on merging multiple NetIDs and/or EIDs, see NetID Change, Merging multiple NetIDs .
Skype for Business
- This section will show if they have a Skype for Business account, what their number is, and what their NCOS dialing policy is.
- For more information, see the following:
Google Apps @ Illinois
- Shows whether the user is enabled to use O365 apps. This does NOT indicate if they have an Exchange account (see below).
U of I Box
Active Directory (AD)
- Account status
- Enabled or disabled. If they are disabled, they do not have a current affiliation with the university.
- Password locked
- Their password is temporarily locked due to too many incorrect attempts. Can be unlocked using the AD Tool.
- Sometimes a device can hold onto an old/bad password and cause recurring lockouts. Ensure their password is up-to-date in all of their devices and programs to avoid this.
- If you can't solve it, contact the Help Desk for help identifying the device causing the lockout.
Exchange Online (Office 365)
- If this section is not blank, the user has an Exchange account
- Shows any inbox rules they have set up, which can be helpful for troubleshooting
- They may have certain things sent to a folder or deleted, so can be useful to see where items might end up.