Using Echo360 Universal Capture: A Quick Guide
A quick guide to using Echo360's Universal Capture software
Download Echo360 Universal Capture here (Windows and Mac).
Universal Capture: Personal is accessible through the installed desktop application using a shortcut or:
- Via the Applications menu on a Mac, as shown in the below figure.
- Via the Start menu on a Windows PC, as shown in the below figure.
Starting a Recording with Universal Capture
To start a capture
Launch Universal Capture.
Log in (if not already authenticated).
- Select the inputs you want to capture.
Audio is always required.
You can select to capture display and video, two display inputs, or two
video inputs besides the audio. Universal Capture will initially
preselect inputs for you based on any available devices and then
remember the last inputs chosen.
- Preview the inputs on the screen, to be sure they will record properly.
- Click the pencil icon or title to launch the Capture Details dialog box. Enter a Title, add a Description or Tags and select a Publishing location for the recording if desired. Otherwise, the following default information will be used:
- Title: Untitled
- Description: Blank
- Tags: Blank
- Publish Location: Library
Your Library is the default publishing location when first using
Universal Capture, afterwards it will remember the last Publishing
- Click Record.
A countdown appears after which the Universal Capture window minimizes and the capture begins.
- When you are done, click Finish.
The recording is completed and finishes uploading to the Echo360
server to complete processing. You will receive an email notification
when processing is finished. Universal Capture recordings are available
for viewing and editing while processing.