Client Services Support, AITS VPN, Troubleshooting
The below troubleshooting steps can help resolve some of the most common issues with connecting to the AITS VPN (this applies to both the Chicago and Urbana connections).
Troubleshooting the AITS VPN connection
1. Try switching to a different campus VPN server (Urbana or Chicago)
2. Restart your computer and try reconnecting.
3. Make sure that you’re tunneling all traffic through the VPN (these steps apply to Windows machines and require administrative rights. If you do not have admin rights, skip to the next troubleshooting option or submit a service desk ticket for assistance)):
1. Open Control Panel
2. Choose Network Connections
3. Right Click on the VPN connection that you are having problems with (AITS Chicago VPN or AITS Urbana VPN). Select Properties from the context menu
4. Select the Networking tab at the top of the properties window
5. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties again.
6. Do not change settings in the opened window. Click Advanced...
7. Check the box next to Use default gateway on remote network. Then click OK.
4. Restart networking equipment at home, such as your router/modem (it is a good idea to turn your PC off before you do this and turn it back on after)
1. Power device off
2. wait at least 30 seconds
3. power device back on
5. Try connecting to the AITS VPN from another computer or mobile device (setup instructions for Windows are here: [Link for document 98654) is unavailable at this time.]
6. Try the other VPN server again (Chicago or Urbana)