Why do I only have Zoom 'Basic' Access?
U of I Zoom users must log into the UIC Zoom portal using single sign-on in order to use Pro features. All UIC Staff, Faculty and Students (with the exception of UI Hospital and Clinics) are eligible for U of I Zoom Pro Licenses at this time.
Why do I have only Zoom Basic access after logging in?
In order for UIC Staff, Faculty and Students, to access their U of I Zoom Pro License with large meeting 300, they must log into the UIC Zoom portal using single sign-on with their U of I credentials.
To verify your Zoom account status, follow these steps:
1. SIGN OUT of all current Zoom sessions and close all browser windows.
2. Go to https://uic.zoom.us where you will see the U of I login screen:
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THIS PAGE YOU ARE NOT LOGGING INTO THE UIC PORTAL.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL INSTANCES OF ZOOM ARE CLOSED AND CLEAR
YOUR BROWSER CACHE.
3. Please click on 'Sign In".
4. Login when prompted, checking that the default of "Share Now" is selected if prompted for information sharing.
5. You are now logged into the UIC Zoom portal.
6. Verify your account status ("Licensed" - meaning Pro with addition of large meeting 300 cap or "Basic") in your profile.
In the graphic below the red arrow points to "SSO" showing that you have properly authenticated.
The blue arrow points to your user type, which may be "Basic" or "Licensed". Again Licensed means that the account has Pro functionality and increased meeting capacity to 300 participants.