Technology Loan Program, Overview
The Technology Loan Program was a partnership established across the campus IT community to loan technology hardware to faculty, staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the return to campus, the Technology Loan Program is coming to an end.
For information on turning your existing mobile phone into a wireless hotspot, please visit Remote Access, Turning your mobile phone into a wireless hotspot for your computer.
Do you have a technology need?
The Illini Union Tech Zone offers computers and accessories at an educational discount and provides recommendations based on your department and major.
We recommend contacting your department for any specific hardware or software requirements they may have for you.
Faculty/Staff Microphones for on-campus teaching
Faculty/staff who are teaching on-campus for the Fall 2021 semester can request a personal microphone to use by filling out the form here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if I have problems with my loaner device?
- Please contact the Help Desk at email@example.com or 217-244-7000 for assistance with your loaned device.
- How long do I get to keep my loaner?
- At this time, the loaner period is set to last until the end of Summer 2021. If you are graduating or otherwise leaving the university, you will be emailed information regarding the return process for your equipment.
- How do I return my loaner?
- If you can drop off the equipment on campus, you can return your equipment at the Technology Services Help Desk at 1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana IL room 1211. Please call the office (217-244-7000) when you arrive. Hours are Monday through Friday 9am-4pm.
- Please send the equipment back in the original packaging (if possible) with the provided return label. Packages can be dropped off at any UPS pick-up site.
- Please note, we will not be able to recover any files or personal data from returned laptops. For this reason, please store all files and data on your cloud storage (Box, Google Drive, One Drive).
- What if I lost the return label?
- Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-7000, and a new label will be emailed to you to print and affix.
- Please include the following information (all are required):
- Your name, email, phone number, and what equipment you are returning
- Where you are shipping from (i.e. your address)
- The dimensions of the package you are sending back
- The weight of the package