Technology Loan Program, Overview
The Technology Loan Program was a partnership established across the campus IT community to loan technology hardware to faculty, staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the return to campus, the Technology Loan Program is coming to an end.
For information on turning your existing mobile phone into a wireless hotspot, please visit Remote Access, Turning your mobile phone into a wireless hotspot for your computer.
Do you have a technology need?
The Illini Union Tech Zone offers computers and accessories at an educational discount and provides recommendations based on your department and major.
We recommend contacting your department for any specific hardware or software requirements they may have for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if I have problems with my loaner device?
- Please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-7000 for assistance with your loaned device.
- How long do I get to keep my loaner?
- The Technology Loan Program ended after Fall 2021. This equipment is not to be confused with loans from the Student Technology Program, which is ongoing. If you are unsure of what type of loan you have, please contact the Help Desk.
- The Help Desk is unable to extend any loans.
- How do I return my loaner?
- If you can drop off the equipment on campus, you can return your equipment at the Technology Services Help Desk at 1304 W. Springfield Ave, Urbana IL room 1211. Please call the office (217-244-7000) when you arrive. Hours are Monday through Friday 9am-4pm.
- Please send the equipment back in the original packaging (if possible) with the provided return label. Packages can be dropped off at any UPS pick-up site.
- Please note, we will not be able to recover any files or personal data from returned laptops. For this reason, please store all files and data on your cloud storage (Box, Google Drive, One Drive).
- If you cannot return to the Help Desk in person, you are responsible for shipping it back to the same address.