rDVM - Do NOT share Patient Information Procedures
This article contains important registration procedures for clients who do NOT want information shared with their referring veterinarian (rDVM).
Request made at the time of check-in
If a client states at check-in that they do not want information shared with their rDVM you should do the following in the registration screen:
- Do Not list the rDVM on the registration screen.
- There is a specific rDVM setup called Do Not Release Info!!! that should be used.
- In the Referred By: Type the code 7552 or search for Do Not Release Info!!! to populate the Do Not Release Info!!! rDVM.
Request made AFTER the time of check-in
If a client states after check-in that they do not want information shared with their rDVM you should do the following:
1. From the Vetstar home screen type the quick command regscr and press enter.
2. Tab down to the Referral Box and type the code 7552 or search for Do Not Release Info!!! To populate the Do Not Release Info!!! rDVM.
3. Enter through the rest of this screen or click save.
4. Verify that once back on the Client/Patient Portal screen that the new information is reflected there under Ref Hosp.
Add a Client Communication with the following:
- State why the information was changed
- List when the change was relayed to you and who relayed the request to you, etc.
Send an Email to the Department caring for the Patient with the following:
- Request that they not to release info to the rDVM
- Request that they remove rDVM info from visit report if has already been created.