SANDI - Radiology Information System (RIS) Worklist
The following instructions are for Imagine personnel and explain how to use the RIS worklist.
Video Training Link:
1. Ensure that you have the correct patient selected in the Patient Dashboard.
2. Select Department Worklists from the top menu bar.
3. Select RIS Worklist and all studies will appear.
4. You can sort any column (ascending/descending with arrows) or search by putting a key word in any "search" box.
Note: Complete studies remain on the list until overnight processing occurs.
RIS Status Flow
- Waiting Approval Status - Initial Order status
- Acknowledge Button- Select to accept the order and change the status to Request Accepted Status, meaning that the order is accepted.
- In-Process Button - Select to change the study Status to In-Process, meaning the study is beginning/in progress.
- Complete Button - The physical study is complete and this brings up Completed Order Charges (details below).
- Finalize Button - The radiologist report has been updated and finalized (applies to internal and virtual radiologists, details below.)
Complete Order Charges
- Once a study is marked Completed the Complete Order charges screen, shown above, will appear and a listing of related charges (to the area and modality) will be presented.
- Select the performing Radiologist or outside radiology service (VetCT, Oncura, etc.) who will be reading the images. If they are not in the drop down list you may Search Other Staff, find the person who read the study and enter. This will put that persons name in the Assigned Radiologist box.
- Select the appropriate charges, via check box. If the exact charge code is not on the list, search for the code by typing the name or code in Add Procedure.
- Once all charges are complete, select Submit. Charges will then display on the patients account.
- This will change the status to Complete.
Radiologist Reports & Finalization
Studies in the Complete Status have three (3) options for finalization
- Upload outside radiology reports (see below for details)
- Internal radiologist will select the Edit Report icon, choose the appropriate report template and complete the study report .
- The study Status will remain Completed until the report is Verified, at which point the status will change to Finalized.
- Select the Finalize button to Finalize (Use when no report is included with the study.)
View or Send the Report in Exams & Forms
- The report will be viewable in the Exams & Forms screen by choosing the View icon OR
- by choosing the Send Airplane icon and "in person" to view on screen.
Uploading Virtual Radiology Reports (VetCT, Oncura, PetRays, etc.)
Important: Uploading will Finalize the report. Ensure that you are ready to upload before proceeding.
1. Select the Upload icon:
2. If you are ready to upload select 1 Yes, Create RIS Upload Exam and attach your file.
There are two options for uploading and finalizing Echo reports. One with an Echo report included and one without
Adding an Echocardiogram Order and Charges
1. Create a RIS order.
- You can add a RIS order from Charges or Imaging on the Patient Dashboard.
- If you Add Order from the RIS Worklist you will need to lookup the correct patient.
3. Once completed, the order will now appear in the RIS Worklist:
4. Move the order through the RIS Status Flow:
- Select Acknowledge Button (This will change the status to Request Accepted)
- You can skip the In-Process Button and go straight to Completed
- Select the Complete Button (This will change the status to Complete and automatically displays the Order Charges screen.)
3. In the Order Charges Screen, at Search Other Staff, lookup and select the clinician reading the report. (Do NOT choose Reading Doctor from the drop down on the RIS Worklist.)
- No Charges Added: If there should be no charges added, simply select Submit.
- Charges Added: If there ARE charges applicable, select the check box next to the charges that apply to the study OR you can add other charges by selecting Add Procedure.
- When finished, select Submit and the order Status will be Complete.
Uploading an Echocardiogram Report
Option 1: Finalize Only: NO Echo Report Uploaded
- If there IS NOT an Echo report to upload, select Finalize and the status will change to Finalized Today.
Option 2: Upload an Echo Report
1. In the RIS Worklist, select the Upload Report button.
2. At Exam Type, select Echocardiogram Report from the drop-down.
3. Select 1 Select Exam Type and Finalize Order. (This will create the Echocardiogram Report, open it immediately for you to upload images, links it to the RIS order, and sets the RIS order status to Finalized Today.)
4. In the Echocardiogram Report Examination window, select the Add Image(s) button.
5. Select the Choose Files Button and browse to your report location and select it.
6. Select Submit & Verify when complete. (You can select Submit only IF you have more to upload at a later time.)
7. The report will be saved and viewable in the following patient information boxes on the dashboard: Exams & Forms and Imaging.
Note: As mentioned above, studies with the status of Finalized Today will drop off of the RIS Worklist during the nightly end of day process.