Remote access to ChBE computer labs
Instructions for accessing ChBE lab computers remotely
The computers in the ChBE computer learning labs can be accessed remotely. Detailed instructions are available if you need additional assistance.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When using this service, you are logging into a physical lab machine. Please be sure to save ALL files to a cloud service such as Box or Google Drive.
To access the lab machines remotely:
- Open a web browser and visit: https://static.ics.illinois.edu/remote-list/
- Click on Remote Desktop, then on ATLAS
- The ChBE labs will be listed at the top of the list. Click on the lab that you wish to remote into, and the list will expand.
- Machines that areavailable will have a green Connect button. Click on Connect, and a .rdp file will be downloaded.
- Open the .rdp file, and follow the prompts.
- When entering your username, be sure to type it as follows: uofi\yournetid (substitute your NetID for yournetid)
IMPORTANT NOTE 1: When you are finished, logout of the computer to disconnect your session.
IMPORTANT NOTE 2: You will be disconnected if your session is idle for 15 minutes (Windows) or 30 minutes (Mac).