Topics Map > SCS Computing > How-To
How To Review Documents In KnowledgeBase
This document will walk you through reviewing documents in KnowledgeBase and then making them active.
A lot of documents/articles/webpages are being transferred into KnowledgeBase so that they're easier to edit when needed. More pages will be stored in a central location which makes organization easier.
You should receive an email notification when a document has been tagged 'In Review' and you've been made the Owner. It's also good practice to check the "In Review" tab of KnowledgeBase every once in a while in case you weren't notified about something.
Once you receive the notification, login to KnowledgeBase Admin Tools (https://answers.uillinois.edu/kbAdmin/) and go to the "In Review" tab. Go through the following steps:
- Find the document you need to review and click on the Edit button.
- Read through the document and make sure it's formatted well and there aren't any errors.
- Go to the Topics section and make sure it is tagged correctly. Click the toggle buttons to see all of the options.
- Example: This document is tagged with SCS Computing and then How-To, which is nested within SCS Computing.
- If you think a new topic should exist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add one.
- Write Access:
- Make sure the Write Access is set to Owner Group (+ owner) and the correct Owner Group(s) is/are tagged.
- Read Access:
- If this is an Internal document, make sure the Read Access is set to the appropriate groups, and select UIllinoisSCS-internal as shown in the next section.
- Site Access:
- External document:
- Select both UIllinoisSCS-external and UIllinoisSCS-internal - That way, searching the internal KB will still locate the document
- Document will be visible to anyone that visits the SCS KB page (https://answers.uillinois.edu/scs/) - these are public
- Internal document:
- Select UIllinoisSCS-internal
- Document is only visible on the SCS Internal KB page (https://answers.uillinois.edu/scs/internal/) which requires Shibboleth login
- Document can also be locked down to specific groups within SCS - see "Read Access" above
- External document:
- If you need to, you can click the toggle for "Show Additional Fields" and change the Owner of the document.
- After reviewing, be sure to set the Status as Active.
- If you do not do this, any changes you've made will not be shown.
- Click Submit.