Topics Map > SCS CORES > X-ray
X-ray Status Now
• Working status of X-ray diffractometers.
• No entry after business hours unless you have i-Card access.
• Monday - Friday, 9AM to 4.30PM, just walk in.
Samples in queue: 1
(updated once a day)
Single crystal diffraction instrumentation
- D8 Kappa APEXII - DOWN; Mo Kα radiation.
- The APEXII is currently down and is being combined with a new goniometer for future use.
- DUO - OK; Mo/Cu Kα radiation, now featuring an upgraded PHOTON II detector.
- Performing routine maintenance on the cold stream for the next few days. Room temperature only experiments until approximately noon on Wednesday, July 21st.
Powder Samples in queue for DUO:0
Multi-sample changer with sample spinner is now installed. Please make sure you are re-trained on how to use the instrument with the new accessory.
Variable temperature stage is now available for temperatures from room temperature up to 150 degrees Celsius (possibly 200 degrees; hasn't been tested that high)