Client Services Support, Office 365 Installation (Windows)
This article walks you through the process of installing Office 365 on a University-owned computer that is supported by Client Services (MITS System Office Region). The Office 365 installer will remove any Office products currently installed on the PC and install Office 365 in their place.
Installing the Office 365 Upgrade (Windows)
1. Save any open files and close all Office applications
- You may have to go to the tool tray to find the Skype for Business icon. When you do, right click on it and select close
2. Once everything is closed, open Software Center
- You can do so by clicking on its icon in the taskbar (figure 1) or by using the Windows search feature (figure 2)
3. In Software Center, you will see the Office365 programs listed in the Applications tab4. Click on the Office 365 Professional Plus icon, then click install5. The Office 365 applications will download and install.
Note: Please be patient; the entire process will take some time. You will know it is finished when the blue button changes to read Uninstall
If you require any assistance with this process, please submit a ticket to email@example.com
6. After the main Office 365 install finishes, you may install Project or Visio if you wish:
- Return to the Applications tab of Software Center
- Select Project or Visio as appropriate
- Click Install
7. Once your installs are complete, you can re-pin and recreate any shortcuts that you need.