Client Services Support, Office 365 Installation, Mac
Installing Office 365 on a macOS system
All AITS-deployed Mac devices that are enrolled in our management system should come with Office 365 already installed. If for whatever reason it is not already installed on a Mac, here is how it can be installed. This can be done entirely by the client so long as they have an Administrator account (which is the default as of 4/2023).
1. In a web browser, navigate to office.com and click Sign In (or click here).
2. Sign in with your standard credentials, then click Next.
3. You'll be prompted to verify your login via the Duo two-factor authentication app. Approve the attempt and continue.
4. You'll be taken to the Office.com page for your institution. On the upper-right portion of the screen is a dropdown for "Install apps." Select it, and from the menu select "Microsoft 365 apps." The download will begin, and it may take several minutes depending on your connection speed.
5. Once the download is complete, navigate to where you downloaded the installer package ("Downloads" is a good first bet). Double-click the package to begin installation.
6. You may be prompted to grant the Office installer permission to access the Downloads folder. Grant it and proceed.
7. Once installation is complete, Microsoft AutoUpdate will run and check for any available updates. Should there be any, click "Update All." Check the box for "Automatically keep Microsoft apps up to date."
8. Open any Office 365 app from the Applications folder. It should prompt that the product is activated and ready for use.