Topics Map > Applications & Software > TeamDynamix
How do I Create an Incident Ticket in TDNext?
This job aid uses default terms and forms as examples to illustrate how to use specific functions and complete tasks within TDNext. Your unit’s configuration of TDNext may differ from what you see in this job aid. Consult your unit’s training materials and/or your unit administrator for questions or clarifications.
Terms and Definitions
Incident – An ITIL term used to describe an unplanned interruption to an IT Service or a reduction in the quality of an IT Service.
Responsible Group or Individual – A TDX term used to describe the person or persons (group) responsible for proper execution for getting the job done.
Classification – A TDX term used to refer to different kinds of tickets, such as Incident, Service Request, Problem, Change, etc.
Type – A term used to refer to various ticket types that are determined and set up by the user’s unit. Types refer to specific topic areas for tickets within Categories (for example, Category would be "Communication and Collaboration," but the Type would be "Email and Calendar"). Ticket Types can also be associated with specific SLAs, Time Types, and Expense Accounts.
For more TDX terms and definitions, please refer to the Glossary.
Several different ticket forms may be available in the TDNext ticketing application. This job aid covers how to create a ticket using an Incident Ticket form and how to fill out the form fields.
- Navigate to your university’s TDNext account page.
NOTE: TDX recommends using the latest version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
- Follow the prompts to log in using your NetID, password, and the 2FA process.
- Click on the applications menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the application home page.
- Click the icon for your ticketing application. NOTE: Your unit may have a unique name for its ticketing application, such as Education Tickets or Engineering Tickets. In this example, “UOFI – Training (Tickets)” is selected.
- Click the +Incident Form option at the top of the application window.
NOTE: Depending on your unit’s TDNext settings, is it possible the +Incident button may not be available. You may click the +New button to create a new ticket, then select the Incident Form option from the menu.
- Click in the Form field to choose the specific form for the incident ticket from the drop-down menu. In this example, +Incident Form is selected for the ticket.
NOTE: Depending on how your unit’s TDNext account is configured, there may be multiple custom forms listed under the Form field to address the specific needs of your unit. Each form may have unique fields that differ from other forms. Review the Forms list and choose the form that is most appropriate to use for the ticket you are currently working.
After choosing the specific form you wish to use, fill in the fields with the information provided by the Requestor. The specific fields available in your forms have been determined by your unit’s needs and may vary from form to form.
Examples of common fields found in forms include:
- Additional Details
Required fields have an asterisk (*) next to the field title. All other fields are optional. As you fill in the form fields, additional fields may appear on screen asking for additional information. For example, if the information entered in the Type of Device field is “Phone,” this will result in an additional field appearing to identify the specific make or model of the device (e.g., iPhone, Android or Other).
- Complete all required fields (and any additional fields, as needed) in the ticket following your unit’s process for completing a ticket.
- After completing all required fields in the ticket form, click Save at the top of the ticket.
NOTE: The ticket closes, and the Incident Created Successfully window appears to acknowledge that your ticket has been created. This window also provides the Incident ID number (Request ID number) and additional options you can take.
- To create a new ticket, click on the Create another incident link.
- To view this ticket again, click on the View the incident you just created link.
- To go back to the ticket application, click the X in the upper right corner of the Incident Created Successfully window.