Client Services Support, Printers, Connecting to printers on CSSPRINT1
Client Services supported printers are associated with the print server CSSPRINT1.techservices.illinois.edu, staff who use these printers can follow these instructions to connect to printers on this server.
Connecting to a Printer on the new Print Server (CSSPRINT1)
- Click the Start button in the lower left corner of your desktop
- In the Search Bar, type \\cssprint1.techservices.illinois.edu and press Enter (see figure 1)
- A new window will open. In the top right corner, you will see a search bar (see figure 2)
- Enter your department prefix into the search box and press Enter (see figure 3).
- Locate the printer you want to connect to in the list. Then Right Click on the printer and select Connectâ¦ (see figure 4)
The example in figure 3 uses UPAB for University Payroll and Benefits
Note: It will take a few minutes for the printer to download and install. Please be patient.
Note: You may be prompted for administrative approval in order to install a printer. If you receive a prompt, either select Yes, or ask your local Client Services Support person for assistance.
Removing Printers connected to the old Print Server (CHIPRINT2)
- Click the Start Button in the lower left corner of your desktop
- In the Search Bar, type Control Panel, and select the Control Panel application (see figure 5)
- In Control Panel, select Devices and Printers (see figure 6 for icons, see figure 7 for categories)
- A page will display with all of your connected printers. To remove old printers, right click and select Remove Device. You can identify old printers by looking for the words on chiprint2 at the end of the printer name (see figure 8)
- Once you have deleted old printers, you can either proceed to the next section of this document to set your default printer, or close Control Panel
Setting your Default Printer
- Once the new printer(s) has been installed, and old printers have been removed, you will most likely need to reset your default printer in Control Panel (see figures 5 and 6 for navigating to the appropriate menu in Control Panel).
- Locate the printer you would like as your default from those available in Devices and Printers. Right click on this printer.
- Select Set as default printer from the context menu (see figure 9)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please submit a ticket to the Tech Service Help Desk via email@example.com .