This procedure explains how solve the issue of not being able to log into your Windows PC or the AITS VPN after resetting your NetID password. If you have reset your NetID password while disconnected from the local university network, your Windows password may become out of sync. To resync, you can login while physically on campus or perform the procedure below to do a remote Network Login.
1. First, logout completely to get back to the main login screen
2. Press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously
3. Click on the icon of the two little computers in the bottom right, shown in the photo below:
4. This will bring up a screen that lets you choose either the Chicago or Urbana AITS VPN. Once you choose one, you should see the screen below:
5. Login using the following format for the username: uofi\netid. So for instance, mine would be uofi\kenzieh. Use your NEW password, not your old one.
6. After this is completed, the new password should sync and you should be able to login normally.