TeamDynamix Manager Role
Functions of the Manager Role in TDX
The Manager role has the following functions:
- Remove/add users from a Group
- Set another user to the Manager role
- This is possible once a Manager has been established for a Group.
- Edit the notification status for a member.
- A status of True allows a member to receive notifications ticket creation and ticket updates.
- A status of False disables notifications.
How to Request the Manager Role
To request the Manager role for your unit’s groups, submit a ticket to the Global Admins via the appropriate link below. Please note that you must include the name(s) of individuals who require the Manager role.
- UIUC: TDX System Administration
- UIC: TeamDynamix Service
- System Offices: System Offices TeamDynamix Support and Administration
- UIS: TBA
How to Use the Manager Role
- Navigate to TDNext: https://help.uillinois.edu/TDNext/Home/Desktop/Default.aspx.
- Locate the waffle menu at the top left and select the People Application.
- Within the left-side pane, select Groups.
- Search for the Group and select it.
- This opens a new window from which you can add/remove users, edit notifications for those users, and set other users as a Manager.
There are potential pitfalls users should be aware of that relate to Groups and the Manager role.
- Adding/Removing someone from a group does not provision or deprovision their TeamDynamix Access. Said access will still need to be requested via Global Admin service request.
- Adding/Removing someone from a group does not add/remove them from any applications within TeamDynamix. Tickets assigned to the group will still be visible to the person regardless.