Topics Map > Applications & Software > Business Intelligence/EDW
EDDIE/Web Intelligence Rich Client - Group Values
Web Intelligence allows you to create groupings of values for an object or a variable. This allows you to aggregate values for these groupings. For example, you can create groups based on the number of students enrolled in a course, or categorize transactions.
- Once your query runs, press ALT + 2 to ensure you are in Design mode and in the Main panel, click Document Objects from the row of icons.
- Find the object you want to add groupings to, click the More icon and select Manage Groups.
- In the Manage Groups window, name the grouping itself and select the members of your first group.
- Once you've selected all the members of your first group, click Group... When the New Group window appears, name your first group.
- Follow the previous two steps of selecting members for the new group and naming it, until all groups have been created.
- If there are ungrouped items, click Ungrouped Values to select one of the following options:
- Visible - ungrouped values will be listed separately in a table.
- Automatically grouped - groups all ungrouped values into a group 'Others.'
- Click OK to set your grouping and exit the Manage Groups window.
- The grouping will now be listed in the Document Objects section in the Main panel.
- These groupings can be used like any other object.
- To manage an existing group, click the More icon for the group and select Manage Groups.
- To manage a particular value, select it from the list of values and clcik the Move to icon to move it to a different group, or Ungroup to remove it from the current group.