Topics Map > Computer Operations Engineering > Service Desk
Topics Map > CA Service Desk Manager > Training for Analysts
CA Service Desk Manager - Using Manual Notification
This training was designed for customer service analysts and will describe the functions required to perform the role of an analyst working with the Service Desk product to user user manual notification.
It is possible to send emails from Service Desk directly to end users or others for communication while resolving a ticket. All email communications from within Service Desk must go to a known contact record. To send a Manual Notification:
IMPORTANT: Do not change the variable at the end of the email (e.g. %REQUEST_ID=582). This is used to allow end users to reply to your email and is the only way that Service Desk references the ticket that needs to be updated.
1. View the ticket.
2. From the Ticket Detail window, select Activities, then Manual Notify.
A Manual Notification window will open. The Affected End User will automatically populate.
3. If you would like to add additional recipients, click Add To Contact(s).
A Search Contact window will open in a separate window.
4. Type a contact name into the Last Name or First Name fields; it is acceptable and recommended that you enter partial information to receive a list of available records that match your request.
5. Click the Search button.
The available records that match your request will be populated in the window.
6. To enter an outside email address, type the address in the email address field and click the Add to Email button to add the email address to the Manual Notification Recipients window .
The recipient selected will show up in the Recipients field.
7. The Message Text field is pre-formatted for your convenience with information from the ticket. If you would like, add your note to the Message Text field.
8. Click the Personalized Response dropdown to select a preset response to add to the end of your Manual Notification.
If you have not set a Personalized Response, you will not see this option. To create a Personalized Response, please see the “Adding a Personalized Response”.
9. Click the Notify button to send the email to the end user(s).
A successful Manual Notification will appear as Manual Notify in the Activity Tab.
Adding a Personalized ResponseYou can now add your signature or text to the end of the manual notification. To create a personalized response:
1. From the Main Menu, select File, then New Personalized Response.
The Create New Personalized Response window will open in a separate window.
2. Type in the name that you would like to call this personalized response in the Name field.
3. Type in the text that you want to be displayed as this personalized response.
4. When you are satisfied with the personalized response, click the Save button.
This response will now be visible in the drop down in the Manual Notification window.
Adding an Attachment
Although it is not possible to add an attachment to a manual notification, you can add an attachment directly to the ticket and allow the user to log in online to view the attachment. The URL to log in is part of the pre-formatted out-going manual notification. To add an attachment:
Tip: The following file extensions are allowed: doc, docx. xls, xlsx, txt, ppt, pptx, cfg, pdf, jpg, gif, png, bmp, tmp, rep.
1. View the ticket.
2. Click the Additional Information Tab.
3. Click the Attach Document button.
The Add File window will open in a separate window.
4. Click on the Choose Files... and locate the file you want to upload,
5. Type a descriptive name in the Name field
6. Type in a description in the Description field.
7. Click the Start Upload button to attach the document.
The activity is added to the Activities Tab.