Topics Map > Banner > Connectivity
JNLP - How to Launch Banner Forms (Windows) (Chrome)
Would you like to know how to use a Chrome browser to run Banner forms in Windows?
Use this link below and watch this video to learn how to run Banner Forms in a Chrome browser on your Windows computer using JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol).
- Latest version of Chrome browser
- Latest version of Java 8 for Windows
Steps to use JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol) with Chrome browser on Windows:
- Use link (Banner Forms Link using JNLP) to login to Banner Forms.
- In lower left hand corner of browser a message appears. "This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep uofi_banner.jnlp anyway?"
- A downloaded file called uofi_banner.jnlp appears in the lower left hand corner of the Chrome browser.
Click file to open.
- A popup appears. "'uofi_banner.jnlp' is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?"
- Depending on your Java settings a Security prompt may appear.
Check the box to suppress this message for future connections and click OK to continue.
- Banner Forms will open.
You may close the Chrome browser if needed, the Java form will continue to display until closed.
NOTE: Users may see many files in their download folder from previous logins to Banner and may need to clean out their folder from older file downloads. Opening older files will not open Banner Forms as the credentials for these files will expire.