START myResearch - What do I do if I receive this error: You do not have access to any documents?
If you cannot view the expected data on myResearch Portal, this could be attributed to a local browser issue or your account may not have appropriate access, in which case you would need to request it from your USC.
First attempt the following steps on your local computer or device to resolve the problem:
- Clear your web browser cache and cookies. Then restart your browser and try logging in again.
- Exit your web browser and try another web browser
- Try accessing the site from another device or computer
To request access to data in the myResearch Portal, your Unit Security Contact (USC) must submit a request on your behalf. Click here to find out who is your USC.
Contact the AITS Service Desk for assistance with verifying your access.
Service Desk staff: To verify a user's access to myResearch Portal, you can impersonate the user's access by following this procedure:
- Navigate to the myResearch Portal and login (https://myresearch.uillinois.edu/piPortal/)
- At the top of the page, enter the UIN or NetID of the person in the ticket and click the Simulate UIN button.
- If the user does not have access, you will see the message "You do not have access to any documents." In this case, notify the user they do not have access and to ask their USC to submit a request for access to the desired unit(s).
- If you are able to see data, but the user cannot, have them try closing the browser, clearing cache and cookies, etc., and logging in again.