Banner 9 - Filtering Data
How to use the filter option in a Banner 9 form.
Data can be filtered in any section of a form where an active filter icon is present.
- Select the Filter (F7) icon in the section header.
- After selecting filter another section will populate; This section will differ depending on the form that is being used.
- Choose which field you would like to filter by and enter the information.
- More fields can be added by selecting the Add Another Field drop down and selecting the field you would like to add.
- Selecting the Advanced Filter option from the filter section will allow you to search using features in the drop down: Contains, Like, Starts With, Ends With, Equals, Not Equal
- After all filter options being used have been filled in, select the Go (F8) radio button on the bottom right to search or if you would like to start over you can select Clear All.
Using the filter option is a great tool for many different scenarios, from searching for a person or non person within Banner forms to Journal Vouchers, allowing users to sift through and print specific data.
Note: More than one field can be used or added, and fields not being used can be removed by selecting the minus in the right corner of a field. Wildcards (%) can also be used in the fields by placing them before and after the data entered.