Topics Map > Tax Forms
Topics Map > Bursar
University Bursar - What is the IRS Form 1098-T?
The purpose of IRS Form 1098-T is to assist you in determining if you are eligible for one or more educational tax credits.
Scholarships and Grants
The reporting of scholarships and grants, including waivers, on Form 1098-T does not determine the taxability of those payments; it is the student’s responsibility, not the University’s, to determine the taxability of scholarships, fellowships and/or grants received.
Please Note: For complete information about education tax credits, see the current versions of , , , , and , or consult your tax advisor. For instructions on completing the form, see the current version of IRS Form 1098-T. The IRS provides an interactive online service that can help you determine if you are eligible for a tax credit.
- University Bursar - Who receives an IRS Form 1098-T?
- University Bursar - How do I access my IRS Form 1098-T for a prior year?
- University Bursar - When and how can I access my IRS Form 1098-T?
- University Bursar - How can I get my address on the IRS Form 1098-T corrected?
- University Bursar - How can I add or update my social security number with the University?