Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Calculate Pay for a Partial Academic (Monthly) Pay Period – Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA)
When an Academic (Monthly) employee needs to be paid for working a portion of a pay period, the PARIS initiator needs to calculate the correct payment amount to enter in the Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA).
- Identify the employee’s monthly Assigned Salary from the Jobs bar in PARIS or from the Human Resources Front End (HRFE).
- Identify the number of work days in the pay period.
- Open the Payroll Schedule.
- Locate the number in column # of Work Days (column B) for the pay period being adjusted.
- Calculate the daily rate of pay for the pay period.
- Monthly Assigned Salary ÷ Work Days = Daily Rate of Pay
- Days Worked x Daily Rate of Pay = Partial Period Pay
Enter the calculated Partial Period Pay amount in the Special Rate field.