Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments

UPB - Submitting a Pay Stop Request

Submitting a Pay Stop Request

If you need to cancel a payment to an employee, you must submit a pay stop request in the Adjustment Notification Application (ANA). The unit must approve the pay stop request and University Payroll and Benefits (UPB) must receive the request no later than 5:00pm three days before the pay date.

For Direct Deposits: Meeting this deadline ensures that the payment does not get deposited into the employee’s account. Missing this deadline could result in funds not returned to the University.

For Check Distributions: Checks should be returned to UPB with the Return Payroll Checks form.

  1. Log in to ANA at
  2. Enter the employee’s UIN in the ID (UIN) field.
  3. Select Pay Stop from the Select Adjustment Type menu.
  4. Click the Create button.
    NOTE: If the employee only holds one job, skip steps 5-6 and go to step 7.
  5. Select the position for the pay stop.
  6. Click the Continue button.
  7. Review the information shown.
  8. Click the Continue button.
  9. Enter your name in the Contact Person field.
  10. Enter your phone number in the Phone field.
  11. Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail field.
  12. Enter comments about the pay stop in the Comments field. Describe the pay stop in as much detail as possible, including the reason for the pay stop and any other information the Approver will need.
  13. Click the Submit button.

KeywordsANA, pay stop   Doc ID119805
OwnerLaura B.GroupUI Training and Development Resources
Created2022-07-19 15:16:15Updated2022-10-12 11:37:45
SitesUniversity of Illinois Training and Development Resources
Feedback  1   0