Topics Map > Purchasing > Contracts+
iBuy - Searching For and Establishing Second Parties
The Second Party is the non-University party that the University is contracting with and must be established in the iBuy system in order to process a Contract Request or for a contract to be generated. This job aid covers how to use the Search Contract Parties feature in Contracts+ as well as the process for submitting the appropriate form if the Second Party is not already in the iBuy system.
Search Contract Parties
Before starting your Contract Request, confirm that the Second Party (the non-University party) to the contract is available in the iBuy system by using the Search Contract Parties feature.
- Navigate to Contracts > Contracts > Search Contract Parties.
Use Search Contract Parties under Quick Links on the Contracts+ Dashboard.
- Enter party name or keywords in the Contract Party/Supplier field.
- Click the Search icon.
- Review results.
Understanding the search results:
- The Contract Party Type: Customer can be used for No Funds or Receivable contracts. The party will display with a red x to indicate Inactive For Shopping. This means that they will not be available for selection on a requisition.
- The Contract Party Type: Supplier indicates that the party has a Banner Vendor profile that is synced into iBuy. The party will display with a green check to indicate Active For Shopping. This means that they are for selection on a requisition. This is the party type required for Payable and Hybrid contracts and can also be used for No Funds or Receivable contracts.
- Regardless of contract category (No Funds, Receivable, Payable or Hybrid), do not use a second party option if any of the following words appear within the title:
- Do Not Use
- Termed Use – If this is shown, use the Banner Vendor ID that displays.
- iCS Import Party
- If the party is located, proceed to the Contract Request.
- If the party is not located, the party must submit an appropriate form based on the type of contract.
If the transaction will be a Payable or Hybrid contract, use the Vendor Information Form using Adobe Sign (VIF) found at Vendor Payment Forms.
If the transaction will be a No Funds or Receivable contract, use the Second Party: Customer Information Form using Adobe Sign found at Purchases Forms.
NOTE: If the Second Party sends the completed form to you instead of following the recommendations in the form, submit the form via email to OBFS UIVendor at email@example.com.
Vendor Information Form (VIF)
You will be emailed by Vendor Maintenance once they have completed the vetting process and approved the Vendor Information Form (VIF). They will provide the assigned Banner ID.
The Second Party will display in iBuy with Contract Party Type: Supplier and available for use on requisitions and contract requests.
Second Party: Customer Information Form
You will be copied on an email from Vendor Maintenance once they have completed the vetting and approved the Second Party: Customer Information Form. AITS iBuy Production will respond to the email once the Second Party has been added to iBuy.
The Second Party will display in iBuy with Customer Party Type: Customer and available for use on the Contract Request.