Topics Map > Payables > Invoices
UPAY - Recurring Payables Invoice Processing
Requests for Recurring Payables Invoice Processing should be submitted to University Payables Customer Service with the following documentation: completed, signed Purchase Order/Encumbrance Special Payment Request Form and attached payment documentation (purchase order, contract, or vendor invoice). University Payables must complete the Banner Invoice/Credit Memo page (FAAINVE) marked for Recurring before completing the Recurring Payables page (FAARUIV).
Recurring Payables Guidelines
- Recurring payables can only be used if each payment submission is the same as the original invoice document processed as recurring.
- Changes to individual payments cannot be made once set up.
- Change orders should not be processed on an encumbrance with active recurring invoices
- The Recurring Payables page (FAARUIV) tracks the Next Submission Date, Maximum Submissions, and Submissions to Date.
- Scheduled payments may not extend beyond the current fiscal year.
- Cancellation of recurring payables requires the Maximum Submissions to be changed to match the new number of submissions prior to the final check being issued for the current pending transaction.
- Vendors must not send invoices for each recurring submission.
- Banner continues to use the original invoice document for each submission. A query of the invoice document provides only the current submission information. The Banner Document History page (FOIDOCH) will display one invoice document with multiple checks issued.
- Recurring payables are paid as single-transaction payments and will not combine with any other invoice credit transactions to the same vendor.
If you have questions, contact:
University Payables Customer Service
Illini Plaza Building Suite 210, MC 660
1817 South Neil Street
Champaign, IL 61820
Phone: 217-333-6583 or 888-872-9953