Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Illinois COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave - Bi-weekly Exempt Employee
Initiating a Current Pay Adjustment (CPA) for Illinois COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave - Bi-weekly Exempt Employee
Fully vaccinated employees who miss work due to COVID-19 may be eligible for paid COVID-19 administrative leave at full pay. Illinois paid COVID-19 administrative leave cannot be reported on a timesheet, so initiate a CPA and use the CO5 – IL COVID19 Paid Admin Leave earn code to report correctly.
See COVID-19 Paid Administrative Leave or contact your Human Resources office for more information.
View the employee’s Payroll Record View (PRV)
- Log in to PARIS.
- Select the employee to adjust.
- Enter the employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
- Click the Search button. The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
NOTE: If you don’t have the employee’s UIN, use the EMPLOYEE SEARCH. See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search job aid for help.
- Select Current Pay Adjustment under the TRANSACTIONS menu.
NOTE: This option is only available when the pay period is open for current pay adjustments. Review the pay periods open for current pay adjustments in the yellow transaction alert window.
- Select the jobs to adjust.
- Select (expand) the current pay period.
- Click the JOBS bar to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust. Job Detail opens.
- Edit regular pay.
- Reduce the hours in the Hours OR Units field of regular pay (RGE) to the number of hours worked.
- Enter the Illinois COVID-19 paid administrative leave earn code and hours.
- Select the CO5 – IL COVID-19 Paid Admin Leave earn code from the New Earn Code Selection list.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Enter the number of Illinois COVID-19 paid administrative leave hours used in the Hours Or Units field. The CO5 – IL COVID-19 Paid Admin Leave hours entered will not automatically reduce corresponding regular pay hours.
- To save changes, click the Save button (lower left).
NOTE: You cannot edit the C-FOAPAL on Current Pay Adjustments.
- Make additional corrections if required. Select another job from this pay period to adjust (Step 4).
- Review changes.
- Type a description for the adjustment.
- Click the green MEMOS tab.
- Click in the Memo box.
- Enter a detailed description explaining the Illinois COVID-19 paid administrative leave situation.
- Click the Add button.
- If necessary, edit your phone number listed in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field.
- Route the transaction.
- Click the Route button near the lower left of the screen once all changes have been made.
- Successful routing is displayed in the yellow dialogue box at the top of the screen.
NOTE: To cancel a transaction before routing it, select Delete Entire Transaction from the TRANSACTIONS menu.