Topics Map > Payables > Chrome River
Chrome River - Standard Reporting
This article provides step-by-step instructions on Chrome River Standard Reporting.
- Click the Menu icon.
- Click Reports.
- Click Expense or Reference.
NOTE: Expense refers to reports with transaction details.
NOTE: Reference refers to reports with user details.
- Select the expense report type that you would like to create from the menu.
- Optional: Under Report Filters add a filter.
- Click the Add Filter Criteria button.
- Click the check box(es) next to all desired filter criteria.
- Click the Add button.
- Under Report Columns click the Add Columns button to add additional columns if needed.
NOTE: For a description of common column types see Common Column Names and Descriptions below.
- Under Output Format, select the desired output format for the report.
- Click Run Report.
- Run a report.
NOTE: See the steps under Running Reports above.
- This will generate a report with multiple line items.
- Click View on the line item you wish to observe.
- Click the desired viewing method from the pop-up menu.
- A PDF of the expense report will appear.
Common Column Names and Descriptions
Below is a sample of common column names with their description that can be used when running reports in Chrome River.
- Amount Spent – The amount tied to the expense line
- Allocation Seg 01 – Chart
- Allocation Seg 03 – Fund
- Allocation Seg 04 – ORG
- Allocation Seg 05 – Account
- Allocation Seg 06 – Program
- Allocation Seg 07 – Activity
- Allocation Seg 08 – Location
- Allocation Seg 15 – Rule Code
- Allocation Seg 16 – Bank Code
- Allocation Entity 1 Code – Activity Code
- Allocation Entity 2 Code – Location Code
- Allocation Number – Allocation string
- Approved Amount – The amount that has been approved by the unit
- Amount Converted – Amount of transaction converted from foreign currency to USD
- Amount Customer – Amount entered by expense owner
- Approved Date – The time stamp for approval step
- Approval Status – Current status of expense report
- Approver – The individual the expense has been reviewed and approved by
- Assigned – The current individual or group the expense report is being reviewed by
- Business Purpose – Business purpose provided by expense owner or delegate
- Client Name – Allocation string with chart
- Client Number – University chart
- Compliance Response – Explanation provided by document owner to any warning message
- Compliance Date – Date compliance message was responded to
- Currency Spent – Currency of original transaction
- Description – Additional line item description provided on expense report
- Expense Creator – The original creator of the document
- Expense Owner – The owner of the expenses
- Expense Type – The expense type that has been selected for the line item
- Feed Name – Card transaction file
- Firm Paid – Expense line related to a card transaction
- Line Item Status – Status of line item
- Line Item Currency Spent – Currency of line item
- Line Item Currency Converted – Line Item converted to USD
- Line Item Notes – Link to expense report line item
- Line Item Status – Level of compliance message responded to
- Line Number – Line number of item that triggered compliance message
- On Select1 Code – Activity Code
- On Select2 Code – Location Code
- Owner Email – Email of document owner
- Owner Status – Chrome River status of document owner
- Owner UDF 2 – Chart and Org for document owner
- Owner Unique ID – UIN of document owner
- Owner Username – Net Id of document owner
- Pay Me Amount – Amount Due to employee
- Personal – Line Item expense marked as a personal expense
- Report ID – The report number assigned to the Chrome River report
- Report Name – Name assigned to the report by document creator
- Report Status – Status of expense report
- Report To – Expense owners manager reviewer
- Reports To Email – Email address of manager reviewer
- Submit Date – The date the expense report is submitted by the expense owner or delegate
- Transaction Date – Transaction date of line item
- Vendor Name – Vendor that processed card transaction
- View Report – A PDF view of the submitted report and documentation
Alternative Reporting Form
If you are having difficulty with using Chrome River for Running Reports, please use the Alternate Reporting form.