Topics Map > Accounting > Service Activities
System Government Costing - Equipment Depreciation: Running the Webi Report
Guide to running the Webi report for equipment.
To complete the Equipment Depreciation and Depreciation Detail tabs in the Service Activity Rate Calculation Template, you need to run the Equipment Depreciation Webi Report first.
- Go to the Service Activities Resource Page.
- Click the Business Objects Webi Report Templates section to expand the drop-down menu..
- Click Equipment Depreciation Report Template (Webi).
- Select the Open option in the dialog box to open the report.
- Once the report opens, click the small X at the top right corner to close the report. (Leave Webi open and do not click on the large X at the very top.)
- Click the Web Intelligence menu on the top left.
- Select Login As.
- Log in with your ID and password.
- Click the Login button.
- Click the SA_Equipment Depreciation_July 2022 in the Recent Documents window..
- Click the Refresh button at the top. (Located in the Data Access or Properties tab)
- Click Responsible 3-Digit Org Code with % wildcard under Prompts Summary.
- Type the 3-Digit Org code with % sign behind it in the Type a value field.
- Click Enter COA under Prompts Summary.
- Type the Chart of Account in the Type a value field.
- Click College Code under Prompts Summary.
- Type the College Code in the Type a value field.
- Click Enter Fiscal Year for Depreciation Expense under Prompts Summary.
- Type the fiscal year in the Type a value field.
- Click the OK button.
NOTE: This report will include information for the entire organization code, not just the fund you are working on. The report may not refresh immediately based on the amount of information and server connections.
- To export the data to Excel, click the down arrow next to the Save button.
- Select the Save As button.
- Locate a place to save on your computer.
- Name your report in the File Name field. For example, you can add the fund number to the file name.
- Select Excel for Files of type.
- On the right side of the Save As window, you will see a window to Select Reports. Here you can select the tabs that you want to be in your saved Excel file. For this file, you will save the “Equip By Responsible Org”, “Newly Purchased Equipment”, “Fund Type 3E Equipment” and “Non 3E Equip with Entity Codes 3100/3110” reports. You may save the others if necessary.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the small X at the top right corner to close the report. You can click No in the dialog box that pops up asking to save changes to the Webi report.
- Refer to the Equipment Depreciation Populating the Service Activity Rate Template job aid to populate the template with the equipment depreciation information.