Topics Map > Accounting > Banner and Finance
UAFR - Ways to Prevent the Creation of Misclassified C-FOAPALS
Ways to Prevent the Creation of Misclassified C-FOAPALS
- Request Index codes for C-FOPs with no overrides for segments.
- Request that Fund codes default the Organization and Program codes when used in Banner transactions. (This cannot be done for state, ICR, MSP, and Fed App. Funds.)
- For journal voucher transactions, use Journal Voucher Quick (FGAJVCQ) instead of Journal Voucher Entry (FGAJVCD) or Journal Voucher Mass Entry (FGAJVCM) whenever possible. This page’s segment fields show code descriptions.
- When doing Banner transactions, check the C-FOAPAL used. Note that the first three digits of the Program code belonging to a state, ICR or self-supporting Fund should match the three-digit Organization code. Program codes that belong to other types of Funds will typically begin with 19.
- Units that charge other units (self-supporting organizations and units doing other types of charges) should do their own journal voucher transactions instead of giving their C-FOPs to the units receiving the services.
- Create unit procedures to monitor the correct input and submission of Banner transactions. For example, with requisitions and journal vouchers, the Originator could put the transaction document In Process and another person could review the transaction for accuracy before the transaction is sent to posting.
- When creating repetitive journal vouchers, use the Copy function in Banner.
If you have questions or need more information, contact email@example.com.