Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Late Job for Bi-Weekly Exempt Employees
Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) Late Job for Bi-Weekly Exempt Employees
A late job becomes effective too late for a payroll calculation and results in the employee not being paid on that job. A late job is supported by a backdated Personnel Date in Banner. Late Job is the adjustment reason to pay the employee for missed pay period(s).
NOTE: In some cases, you will need to adjust a different pay period than the one worked. For the job to be available on the adjustment, you will need to select the first pay period the job is active.
- Log in to PARIS.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/
- Log in.
- Select the employee to adjust.
Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH and select the criteria.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
Click the Search button.
The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Review the pay event you need to adjust.
- Select the Pay Event Year of the pay period to adjust if adjusting a previous year.
- The Pay History set displays all pay events for the year selected.
- Click the gray pay event accordion to review the pay event.
- Click the EVENT DETAILS accordion to view summary payroll information.
- Click the JOBS accordion to view all active jobs for the pay period.
- Click the green job bars to view payroll detail.
NOTE: Review jobs in subsequent pay events to check for backdated personnel dates. The personnel date (PCD) is indicated on the job bar beginning with the pay period the job became effective.
- Start the PUA.
- Click the ADJ button at the right side of the gray pay event accordion.
- PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
- Select Late Job from the Adjustment Reason menu under Pay Event Detail.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Select the job(s) to adjust.
- Click the JOBS accordion to display each active job for the pay period.
- Click the green job bar for the job to adjust.
Job Detail opens.
- Select an adjustment earnings code.
- Select an earn code from the New Earn Code Selection menu.
- Click the Add New Earn Code button.
- Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
- If paying hours, enter the number of hours worked in the Hours Or Units field.
If paying dollars, enter 1 in the Hours Or Units field.
Enter the total dollar amount in the Special Rate field.
- Edit the C-FOAPAL if needed.
- Click the Edit button.
- NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS Job Aid for help.
- Click the Add LD button to insert an additional C-FOAPAL.
- Click the Save button (located lower left) and review changes.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.
- Add additional earnings as required (steps 6-9).
Select another job from this pay period to adjust (steps 5-9).
Select another pay period to adjust (steps 3-9).
- Type a description for why the adjustment is needed.
- Click the green MEMOS tab (near the top).
- Enter a detailed description for each adjustment of the transaction in the Memo box.
- Click the ADD button.
- Edit or enter your phone number in the INITIATOR PHONE NUMBER field if needed.
- Complete the transaction once all changes have been made.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Route button.
NOTE: To cancel a transaction before routing it, select Delete Entire Transaction from the TRANSACTIONS menu.