Topics Map > Payroll > Foreign National Payments
UPB - Submit Other Payment – Foreign National Student or Non-Employee
Submit Other Payment – Foreign National Student or Non-Employee
Contact the UPB Foreign National Service Center for help with payments that do not fall into standard categories.
Examples might include: Door prizes, insurance premium reimbursements, medical expenses, taxable reimbursements, rent, or professional development.
Save the completed Foreign National Payment e-Form to your computer to retain a copy for your records.
- Use the Foreign National Payment Selector to verify payment type and submission method.
- Contact the UPB Foreign National Service Center to check payment eligibility.
- Collect the documents required for the foreign national’s visa type. See the Document Checklist for Other Foreign National Payments.
NOTE: Documentation is not required for individuals who do not enter the U.S. except form W-8BEN.
- Open the Foreign National Payment e-Form.
- Complete the payee information section.
- Enter the payee UIN or Vendor ID if applicable. Leave blank for a temporary vendor.
- Enter the name in the Payee Name field.
- Enter the payee address in the Address field.
- Select the university from the Campus menu.
- Enter the department’s university mail code in the Mail Code field.
- Enter the department’s name in the Department Name field.
- Enter the department contact’s name in the Department Contact field.
- Select No Special Handling from the Special Handling menu,
OR select Wire Transfer if paying by wire transfer.
- Enter the department contact’s 10-digit phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Complete the payment description section.
- Select the Other Income payment type.
- Enter the date or date range in the Date of Activity column.
- In the Description column enter an explanation of the payment.
Type gross-up to pay the taxes so the individual will receive the specific payment amount. See Grossing-Up Foreign National Payments.
- Enter the total dollar amount of the payment in the Amount column.
- Enter the appropriate C-FOAPAL(s).
- Click the Department Authorized Approval field and electronically sign the form. See the instructions on how to set up your digital ID if it has not been set up yet.
- Enter today’s date in the Date field.
- Click the E-Mail button.
- Make note of the tracking number auto-populated in the Payroll Use Only section of the form.
- Fax supporting documents (see Step 3 above) to the Foreign National Service Center, 217-239-6909. Include the following:
- the tracking number on the cover page
- all required forms and documents for the individual’s visa status