Topics Map > Payroll > Foreign National Payments
UPB - Foreign National Eligibility for Awards & Prizes
Foreign National Eligibility for Awards & Prizes
Always check eligibility before selecting a foreign national for an award or prize.
Foreign Nationals Payment Eligibility Grid
Always use the Foreign Nationals Payment Eligibility Grid to check the eligibility of each visa status.
- Ask the person to provide you with his or her visa status and if he or she has an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), if required.
- Follow the row for the visa status to the Royalty – Prize – Awards column.
- Whenever possible, the grid should be consulted before the foreign national enters the U.S.
Most are Eligible
Foreign nationals under most visas are eligible for awards & prizes, but there are a few exceptions:
- Certain dependent visa types are not eligible unless an EAD is submitted:
- A-1 and A-2 Dependent
- G-1, G-2, G-3, and G-4 Dependent
- H-4 Dependent
- J-2 Dependent
- Look for footnotes indicating restrictions.
- H-1 requires special consideration. Always contact the Foreign National Service Center for H-1 visas.
Contact the Foreign National Service Center if you need help at email@example.com.