Topics Map > Purchasing > iBuy
iBuy - Using Asset and Non-Asset Account Codes on the Same Requisition
Using Asset and Non-Asset Account Codes on the Same Requisition
To avoid Mixed Asset Code errors, you cannot enter an Asset code with a Non-Asset code at the same level (examples: Requisition level or Line Item level). As long as both are not entered at the same level, the order will not reject because of Mixed Asset and Non-Asset Account codes.
Detailed below is an example of the Non-Asset code at the Requisition level with the Asset code at the Line Item level.
Enter the Non-Asset Code at the Requisition Level
- On the requisition in the Accounting Codes section, click Edit (pencil icon).
- Enter the FOAPAL Code(s), if different from the Default FOAPAL that automatically populates.
There are five different ways to enter FOAPAL codes:
- Type the FOAPAL code in the text box. If the number is valid, a list of codes should drop down for you to click on.
- Type the FOAPAL code, dash, Chart (xxxxxx-x) for the description to populate.
- Click on the down arrow and select the desired FOAPAL previously set up in your Profile.
- Click on the down arrow and click search by Value (200250-1), Description (103 Indirect Cost Recovery), or a portion of either Value (200) or Description (Indi).
- Click the heart icon for the list of your code favorites and select the desired FOAPAL previously set up in Code Favorites in your Profile.
- Click Save.
IMPORTANT: Asset codes should be entered at the Line Item level and apply only to the specific line item that qualifies as an Asset and requires a Property Tag (items > $1,000).
Enter Asset Codes at Line Item Level
- On the requisition, click the three dots next to the line item that needs a separate asset code.
- Click Accounting Codes.
- Enter the desired FOAPAL for the Asset, specifically, the Account Code field.
- Click Save.