Topics Map > Purchasing > Contracts+
Contracts+ Searching and Establishing Second Parties in Contracts+
Searching and Establishing Second Parties in Contracts+
In Contracts+, the Second Party is the non-University party that the University is contracting with and must be established in the iBuy system in order to process a Contract Request or for a contract to be generated. This job aid covers how to use the Search Contract Parties feature in Contracts+ as well as the process for submitting a Vendor Information Form (VIF) if the Second Party is not in already in the iBuy system.
Search Contract Parties
Before starting your Contract Request, you should confirm that the Second Party (the non- University party) to the contract is available in the iBuy system by using the Search Contract Parties feature.
- Navigate to Contracts > Contracts > Search Contract Parties.
Use Search Contract Parties under Quick Links.
- Enter party name or keywords in the Contract Party/Supplier field.
- Click the Search icon.
- Review results.
- If the party is located, proceed to the Contract Request.
If the party is not located, the party must submit a Vendor Information Form (VIF).
- The Contract Party Type: Supplier indicates that the party has a Banner Vendor profile. In iBuy, the party will display with a green check to indicate Active and available for selection on a requisition. This is the party type required for Payable and Hybrid contracts.
- The Contract Party Type: Customer can be used for No Funds or Receivable contracts. In iBuy, the party will display with a red x to indicate Inactive and not available for selection on a requisition.
Vendor Information Form
The Vendor Information Form (VIF) can be found at Vendor Payment Forms.
- If the transaction will be a Payable contract, use the Vendor Information Adobe Sign Form.
- If the transaction will be a No Funds or Receivable contract, only the VIF can be used. The VIF is a smart form and must be emailed to the vendor.
- As the department contact, complete the top section of the VIF and indicate the Transaction type.
- Send the VIF to the Second Party contact to complete and submit.
- NOTE: If the transaction is a Purchase Order/Payable contract, the Second Party must submit the VIF to Vendor Maintenance through the Vendor Maintenance recommended secured methods as indicated on the VIF.
- NOTE: If the transaction is a No Funds or Receivable contract, the method for submission of the VIF is for the Second Party to use the Send to Vendor Maintenance button on the form.
- NOTE: If the Second Party sends the completed form to you instead of following the recommendations in the form:
- Submit an email to OBFS UIVendor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type Non Vendor Second Party in the email Subject line.
- In the body of the email, attach the completed VIF provided by the Second Party, type the Second Party name and the requestor's name, phone, email, and department.
You will be emailed after Vendor Maintenance has completed the vetting process and approved the VIF.
AITS ESC Finance/iBuy Production Support will be copied on that email and will complete the additional process within the iBuy system. They will respond within the email string notifying you when the Second Party is available in the system.
The notification will state:
- If the Second Party is a Customer and available for use on the Contract Request.
- If the Second Party is a Supplier and available for use on a requisition and/or on the Contract Request for those who have the role of Contract Requestor.